Sunday, May 23, 2010

While We Were Away

When Brad and I were in Las Vegas (back in the beginning of April) my mom watched the kids. The following pictures are ones that she took during that time.

The kids love "resting" their feet on the ottoman just like Daddy! I think it is more comfortable for Daddy.

Ashlyn gets out her play-doh as soon as Carter goes down for a nap. She plays with it almost every day. Recently we tried letting Carter play with it too, but he proved that he is not yet ready by eating half a container's worth.

Now that the weather is nice the kids love playing in the backyard on the swings. I think Carter could swing for two hours straight without wanting to get out.

They also like to dig in the dirt with Ashlyn's shovel and rake. They've even made their own "garden."

Ashlyn has some princess dress-up shoes that she enjoys playing with daily . . . Carter does too.

Why do the boys get the best eyelashes?!?

When we were going through Ashlyn's old baby clothes (getting prepared for girl #2), the kids had fun in the containers.

Take a good look at that carpet because you won't be seeing it in pictures again. Two weeks ago we had all our carpet replaced. Maybe I'll post a picture of the new stuff soon. It's pretty fun - we feel like we live in a new house!

6 comments:

Walker Family said...

Ashlyn is SO beautiful!!! She's just a doll!! I know what you mean by the Eyelashes. Nathan's are so long and they curl! No fair! When is your due date again!? So exciting!

Karon said...

I was just looking at your blog and thinking that Nathan and Carter have the same eyes. Brad says that he thinks Carter looks like a Walker. I'm due July 25th. Only 2 more months to go!

Karie said...

Good memories!

Kathryn S. said...

I know about the eyelashes!
I don't get it either. Congrats on another girl!!!!!!!!!!

Walker Family said...

They do have similar eyes...and Nathan definitely has the Walker eyes!! They are too cute!! Hopefully we can get them together to play one day! WOW!!! Not much longer!!! I'm so excited to see your next adorable one! :)

Heidi said...

Love that playdough is nontoxic!! that's so cute!