Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deck the Halls

I've wanted to have a real Christmas tree for several years now, but we have a fake tree so it hasn't been easy justifying a tree purchase. But . . . this year we were at Lowes the day after Thanksgiving looking at kitchen appliances and we swung by the live Christmas tree section and discovered that they weren't really all that expensive. So, we went back the next day and bought our first live Christmas tree! I must admit that I am truly in love!

It is big (to us) and smells marvelous! We don't have quite enough ornaments to do the job and we had to buy more lights, but I think it looks pretty good.

I used some of the cut off branches to make a little swag. This is about the height of my creativity.

Here's a little picture of our nativity. It is surprisingly still intact. Carter will climb up on the piano to look at it while saying, "no touch."

The only other decorations we have are some stockings hung downstairs in the family room. I definitely want a few more festive things, but I'm not sure exactly what. It is, however, beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!

4 comments:

Lorie Ann said...

I love it!! I'm so glad you ended up buying one. It's super full and tall! Looks great!

Karie said...

The tree looks great!!!!!!!!!! The swag too!!

Heidi said...

It's beautiful. Good for you!

Jennifer said...

wow, so fun!