Monday, May 16, 2011

Ashlyn's Dance Recital

Since September Ashlyn has been attending BYU Children's Creative Dance Class. Her teachers were Miss Camilla and Miss Noelle. On Saturday she had a dance recital where they did a piece titled "Imagine." She was able to show us her beautiful slides, skips, gallops, and jumps. Grandma May even came to watch too!

Brad took some pictures of her in the front yard before the performance. It is a good thing that he did because the ones from the recital didn't turn out very well.




The recital was in a room in the Richard's Building. It has stadium seating with comfortable chairs, so every one has a good view. Ashlyn's class consisted of about 12 4 and 5 year olds.


The dance was definitely very "creative," but it seemed to work well for the young girls. We loved watching Ashlyn dancing around the stage and she really seemed to enjoy it too.

7 comments:

Karie said...

Wow! She looks absolutely beautiful! So grown up! Give her a hug for me!!!!!!!!!!

Bryon Cheney said...

Creative dance is such a good idea. No need to make them conform this early in the game:)

Betancourt Family said...

Ashlyn looks so big!

PS Love the tulips! Are they from your garden?

Walker Family said...

WHOOOOEEEEE!! She is gonna be an absolute HEART BREAKER! What a beautiful girl!! Brad better watch out for dating age :)

Gretchen said...

What a beautiful little girl you have there!!! I can't believe how grown up she looks! And I love that you guy's are taking her to the creative dance class at BYU, I remember hearing about that class.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous that you have a creative dance option. Marley told me the other day that she wants to take that kind of dance instead of ballet and tap and I'm DYING to find somewhere for her.

Lorie Ann said...

I am so sad we missed it! She is just a peach!!