Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

I love the Memorial Day traditions in Brad's family. We meet in the morning at Golden Corral with his extended family (whoever can come). We enjoy the breakfast buffet, which usually ends in ice cream cones for all.

We then visit some meaningful cemeteries and put flowers on the graves. Here is Carter at Jonathan's graveside. Jonathan is Brad's younger brother who died when he was 4 months old.

This is Grandpa Walker's grave.

Usually we end the day at a cemetery in Farmington. There is a playground and tennis courts there and we'll let the kids play and visit for awhile. However, this year we spent the rest of the morning bowling!

I couldn't get over how cute the kids looked in those little bowling shoes!

Carter would pick up the ball himself, walk it over and place it on the ball roller thingie.


Then he would just stand there and watch until we told him he was done. I'm not sure what he was waiting for.

I couldn't really get a good shot of Brad bowling. He's good (actually, compared to me everyone is good).

Waiting.

Our niece is awesome. She didn't even need a ball roller thingie!

Precious

I'm not even sure what they were looking at. The scoreboard?

Audrie was a champ and let anyone hold her. Not typical and very nice.

I love this.

Daddy's girl.

I was there too!

Ashlyn was happy whether she knocked down 10 pins or 1 pin. She just likes being with her cousins!

It doesn't get much cuter than this!


We spent the rest of the day with family at Grandma and Grandpa's house and it was perfect. I'm really excited for my children to grow up with special and fun Memorial Days!

4 comments:

Karie said...

I LOVE it!

Bryon Cheney said...

Brad is an amazing bowler. He does the whole curve ball thing and everything. Those are great traditions!

Lorie Ann said...

So fun!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

I completly adore these pictures. So much fun!