As soon as she woke up we went downstairs and she (with the aid of her two siblings) opened her card and present.


We changed her into her birthday outfit and had her pose with her new wheely bug.


The middle of the day went on as normal. She took two great naps and was happy as can be.
After dinner we pulled her cake out of the fridge. It was a confetti angel food cake with whip cream.

We lit the candle and began singing Happy Birthday and she loved it!

Then we told her to blow out her candle and she wasn't so sure about that.

So, Ashlyn did it for her.
We told her she could do what she wanted with the cake, but she got a little whipped cream on her finger and wanted off the table.









We decided not to push the issue and stuck her in her high chair
and cut her a cute piece of cake
which she would not touch until we brought her a fork,
Once we'd broken off some tiny pieces she enthusiastically ate until every last piece was gone!
She did a relatively clean job of it too!
We ended the day with one of her favorite things . . . a bath!
Happy Birthday Audrie! We love you!
6 comments:
Your little ones are growing up so fast. Your kids are beautiful.
That is the cutest little story! Thanks goes to the story teller!
I love you!
Oh, what a precious baby she is! I cannot believe she is already 1. What adorable pictures! Time flies too fast! Treasure every moment!
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! A one year old eating cake with a fork?
SOOO Adorable!!! I love all the pictures and eating her cake with a fork, priceless!
PSThe cake looks SO yummy!
Haha. What a cutie! Sounds like my first birthday when I refused to touch the cake with my hands. :) I love her arms outstretched while you sang Happy Birthday!! She cracks me up!
Post a Comment