Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Birthday Celebration

Sunday night we had a family birthday celebration for Ashlyn, and her cousin Brigg (they were born 5 days apart).

This year, Ashlyn was able to open her own presents, but her cousins were really helpful too!



She loved this xylophone - she has been playing with it constantly since she got it.


Daddy is helping her out with her bubble blowing lawn mower.


She must have spent 15+ minutes just pushing the lawnmower around the house. It was a hit for sure!


Brigg got one too (in boy colors)!


Allison made these delicious mint brownies for their "cake." They were sooooo yummy!


Ashlyn did a great job of blowing out the candles. I think she was all warmed up from the bubbles she had been blowing outside earlier!



Digging in!

6 comments:

Karie said...

I love it! It is so great to see Brigg too! I would like a piece of that cake/brownie!!!!

Kristy Anderson said...

What a fun party! Happy Birthday to Ashlyn! I'll bet she'll love playing with new toys!

Cami Sullivan said...

Happy late Birthday, Ashlyn!!

Buttle Family said...

Happy birthday Ashlynn. How fun to have a cousin so close in age.

Karon said...

Ashlyn's Birthday is actually on August 4th, so this was a bit of an early celebration. She isn't officially two quite yet!

Betancourt Family said...

Let the fun begin! I know that most people claim that the 2's are terrible but it's been such a wonderful expirence for us. Comprehension blasts off into a whole new level, conversations are no longer quite so onesided and one of my personal favorites they are egar to help (which will come in handy with a new one on the way:)) Yeah for Ashlyn you made it to two!