Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brad's New Job


In April Brad started looking for a new job. Although he had enjoyed over 3 and a half good years with LexisNexis, he wasn't particularly happy with his work situation. A lot of that had to do with having to work from home. Well, after a little bit of searching and interviewing he was extended an offer from ancestry.com that he couldn't refuse. He started work there on July 1st and is liking it so far!

I must admit, I miss having him at home. It was wonderful being able to leave the kids while going to midwife appointments or leaving Carter napping while Ashlyn and I ran errands. I also loved the extra time he was around because he didn't have to commute. It was really a blessing that he ended up being at home during those several months when I was pretty much laid out with morning sickness too.

However, we are all adjusting to the new situation and are excited about the future! Here's to new jobs!


3 comments:

Karie said...

Ancestory.com couldn't have a better employee!

Betancourt Family said...

I'm sad for you too. It hard to adjust when you've been lucky for so long. Since you are an amazing woman I'm sure that all will go well in the may house hold. Congrats to the both of you for landing a job offer that you couldn't refuse. :)

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Good for Brad. I'm sure he will miss working from home too when that new little lovely gets here. But sometimes it is for the best. Yahoo for having a job he's enjoying.