Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kids Grow Up Too Fast!

Do you ever happen to look at your kids and think, "when did you get so old?" That is what I thought when I saw this picture.

A recent conversation with Ashlyn included the word Whatever and the phrase I'm not going to college. What!?!

Also, it amazes me how fast babies learn new skills. It really makes me feel lazy. In 7 months Audrie went from a helpless little newborn to a crawling, standing, babbling, smiling person. I wish I could say that I've accomplished a similar amount in the same time, but I haven't!

Sometimes I just want life to stop moving so fast - for the kids to get older slower, for my baby to stay a baby longer, and for myself to do a better job of enjoying them.

5 comments:

Karie said...

You, my dear are a remarkable mother - we underate ourselves as usual. But let me just say - MOTHERHOOD is the best! So glad I got to enjoy it! I'm glad you're doing the same! Audrie thriving is a testament to your mothering skills!

Bryon Cheney said...

Carter looks the exact same...but Ashlyn does look older, for sure. It is hard to strike a balance between enjoying them and wanting them to get a little older. And you are a great mommy Karon.

Betancourt Family said...

AMEN!!! I feel like I have that moment every few months. But you know everyone is right. I bet you are a wonderful Mommy. I think that the hardest thing is to let everything go and enjoy the moment. I'm trying to find that balance too. :)

Lorie Ann said...

Lol. This really made me laugh. We are all a bunch of bums compared to babies!

LOVE these pics. You have the cutest kids in the world and I am astounded at how fast they have grown as well! Heck, it feels like last week, Ashlyn was a little baby and yesterday Carter was. Suddenly you have a third little angel and she is growing just as fast!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Oh my! Your kids. Hearthbreakers. And the blue hoodies. LOVE IT!