Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We've had a wonderful new year so far! Last night we left Ashlyn with Brad's parents (along with her cousins) and went to dinner with Lance and Heidi. It was wonderful to have a night out! The next morning we all went to the Bailey's with sleds and warm clothes to enjoy a nearby snow-covered hill.

Those who knew me in college may recognize my white marshmallow coat. Yes, it is still being used. Ashlyn borrowed her cousins snowsuit and boots and they worked perfectly. Luckily, her hat and mittens were pink, so you could tell she was a girl.


Ashlyn took her first trip down the hill with Brad. Aren't they cute?


Marley went down the hill on Lance's back! She did a good job of holding on tight.


Brad was bored with the easy, sitting down stuff.


We sent Ashlyn down the hill all by herself, and at the end of her run, she slid off the sled! She just laid there in the snow.


Brad pulled her back up to the top. She seemed to enjoy it. . . I mean, who wouldn't?


All the sledding cousins are preparing to go together!


Grandma brought this tube and it quickly became Ashlyn's favorite.


Cousin Mabel is trying to push Ashlyn up the hill in the tube. I was impressed by her strength! I was getting worn out from pulling and carrying her from the bottom to the top!


Ashlyn is just plain worn out! She would just lay in the tube waiting for someone to send her down the hill and then carry her back up! What a life!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of such fun!!!! I love it!!!XOXO

Betancourt Family said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! Jealous! I love the picture where Ashlyn is just laying in the snow and Brad is coming to her rescue! That's so great! And the Marshmellow jacket ...I knew that it lives!!!!

Karon said...

That's my favorite picture too!

Melissa Fullmer said...

that looks like so much fun!!!

alli may said...

Ashlyn's little "weeeeee" as she went down the hill was the cutest thing ever!