Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bryon's Wedding

I have to begin this post by admitting that none of these pictures were taken by me. They are from my mom's and dad's cameras. Thank goodness they are around to document the important events in our life!

Late Tuesday night my mom and dad and brother came into town. It was so fun for Ashlyn and Carter to wake up the next morning and see their grandparents! 

Dad was entertaining the kids right from the start:


Both of them warmed up to Grandma right away!


It helped that Grandma brought several cute new outfits for each of the kids AND she let Ashlyn wear her high heels!

Wednesday night we went to a wedding dinner at the Johnson home. We had delicious sweet pork burritos and then watched Kari and Bryon's wedding slide show. Kari's brother, Matt, put it together and it was perfect. I might or might not have gotten a little teary eyed. They're such a cute couple! The only picture from the night that I have is this one of Carter crawling around on the basement floor during the video:

Thursday morning we gathered at the Draper temple for the sealing. After the sealing Ashlyn was excited to put on her flower girl dress. Here is a view from the back:

Kari looked so beautiful!

I love this picture of Carter - he looked so precious in his little suit. We could barely get the top button done because his neck is so chubby! I think we were watching Bryon and Kari come out of the temple.

Ashlyn and Kari's niece, Addie, hit it off right away. 

A not-so-great family photo.

We went to Chuck-a-rama for lunch. Carter drank water like a big boy.

Ashlyn loved the fries and ice cream.

By the time the reception rolled around Ashlyn was pretty worn out. Luckily, Brad and I had plenty of people to help keep her occupied . . . like Lorie!

It was really fun to see friends and family at the temple and reception! 

Friday morning Grandma Cheney took Ashlyn on a walk to the park. 

Friday night we had a family party at the park. The big kids played croquet and I heard that it got pretty competitive!

Afterwards we all came back to the house for cake and ice cream and good conversation.

Carter got like a second wind around 9:30 at night and was laughing and squealing. What a champ! 


My parents left this afternoon and I think their trip was way too short! We miss them already!!!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

That last picture of Carter looks so much like Brad!! And all of the pictures look great.

Buttle Family said...

What fun times. Thanks for having us over. Caleb and Ashlynn were so cute together. My boys had a blast.

Tracy and Odie said...

oh how much i love living through your blog and wishing i could be there for your important family events. i cannot believe brad is married. or lorie for that matter.

congrats!

p.s. you look fabulous. and your hair is cute too.

Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! :) Your family is so cute.

Betancourt Family said...

I agree with Tracy, on all points!

Unknown said...

I love your hair-do. It is the perfect length on you. Carter is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

haha. i love the pic of mom holding the kids and ash is all smiles while carter looks like he is about to burst out in tears...

Jennifer Rae said...

Karon, You get more beautiful all the time...how does that work...I want your secret.

Betancourt Family said...

Happy Annivesary!!!

Jenn said...

Cute pictures! I love the dress that Ashlyn wore for the wedding and Carter looked really cute too! Thanks for sharing your blog. I added your blog on mine!