Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stair Climber

A little over a week ago we noticed that Carter had climbed up onto the first stair. Well, the next day he climbed from the family room to the kitchen all by himself! Now his favorite thing to do is climb the stairs. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to get back down, so he falls or cries until we come and get him. We never bought a gate for Ashlyn, so we don't currently have one, but I'm afraid we might need to invest in one . . .


He was frustrated that I passed right by him without stopping to pick him up, but I had to get a picture!


7 comments:

Karie said...

Climbing the stairs is a great way for him to use his muscles! You can teach him how to climb back down backwards. If Ashlyn showed him he might learn it faster! Gotta love little Carter - so cute!!!

Buttle Family said...

So cute! So fun when they learn new things.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

You are more than welcome to borrow our gate...until Nadia learns to do that:) Hopefully he will figure out to do the going back down part soon

Betancourt Family said...

I know that this may sound crazy but I purposly taught our kids to climb up and down the stairs. That way I could make sure that they learned the right way and it kept the novelty of the stairs to a minumin. We also use the stairs to re-enforece counting and letters. We do use a gate occasionally but mostly to keep them from going up when everyone else is downstairs. :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

awwww. what a cutie.

Walker Family said...

Luckily we don't have stairs...Nathan would be all over them! If you look at my blog I have caught him getting to the toilet paper rolls, standing up in crib, pulling things down on himself...its amazing what mischief they get in to. Carter is too cute! :)

Karon said...

Thanks guys!

Andrea - I'd love to look at your blog, but I've never been able to find it. Do you want to email me? karebear16135@yahoo.com