Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Audrie: 6 Months

Audrie turned 6 months old today!!! It is hard to imagine our life without this precious girl.

Here are a few shots of her snacking on some packaging materials. She hasn't started solid foods yet, but she has eaten her fair share of paper. I guess that's what happens when you're kid #3.

Mmmm . . . delicious.

And here's one of her after her morning nap. She has blue eyes like her brother and sister, but they aren't quite as bright.

Audrie is seldom happy holding still. I remember that even during her first tummy times she would try to push off by digging her feet into the carpet. On the day she turned 4 months old she scooted herself backward and got stuck underneath the couch. Last week she had both the kids laughing hard when she pulled herself up to the side of the laundry basket and started gnawing on it, and just today she attempted to climb up a stair! She will, however, stop for minutes at a time, sit up and enjoy sucking on whatever she managed to get her hands on. Everything goes right into her mouth.

Audrie is a bit bigger than Ashlyn was at her age. I need to get out the measuring tape and scale so I can get some exact stats. What I'm judging it on is the clothes that Audrie fits into. She has been wearing a lot of 6-9 month outfits for over a month now. I don't think of her as particularly chubby, but she has some nice arm and leg rolls and people are always commenting on her gooshy cheeks! She has the fairest complexion of all of my children and her cheeks seem to get very easily irritated - they are often dry and red, so I'm always putting Cheek and Chin Balm on them.

One of the up sides of being the third kid is that Audrie has an older sister and brother that absolutely adore her. It melts our hearts to hear Carter say "I wuv you audwie." Ashlyn also likes to tell us that "Audrie is the cutest baby in the whole wide world." It doesn't have to be true, but it sure makes us happy that she thinks so! We think she's pretty great ourselves!!!

4 comments:

Kathryn S. said...

I think she is so beautiful. I can't believe that she's already 6 months, it seems like you just had her!

Karie said...

Just thinking of her happy happy disposition makes me want to fly right out there!

Lorie Ann said...

Lol. I absolutely LOVE these shots with your new camera!! So adorable! I love to watch the kids dote on her too -- like Carter putting his arm around her in the shopping cart! :)

Jenn said...

She is so cute. I love her smiles and how happy she is!!