Wednesday, June 4, 2008
"I want to Color"
Ashlyn really likes to draw and color. From a young age, she could hold pens and crayons and scribble away. Unfortunately, the other day she noticed that I was highlighting words in a book I was reading. She has now decided that she likes to color in books. No good. How do I explain the difference to a one-year-old?

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
books is better than walls, right? by the way, Ashlyn looks so cute in those pictures!!
Love the new pics - thanks! You could make her a book (some paper in a folder) with big words and teach her a word to look for - like "Ashlyn" or "May". Every time she sees the word she can highlight it. When she tires of that, have her look for another word. Maybe you could start with letters - whatever she likes - numbers...but she can only write in that book! The book doesn't even have to make sense - unless it drives you crazy. ha! But no writing in colorful picture books! She's just trying to be like you - so cute!
Hey, how the pregnancy going? How cute that ashlyn follows your highlighting example.
Oh, that is too cute! I hope you're feeling better Karon!
ashlyn looks so big! she's really growing up fast!
at least it's in the book that can be colored and not be ruined.
Post a Comment