Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Setting up the Jungle Gym

Well, first of all, Ashlyn is already enjoying her new toys. She takes very good care of them - especially Ernie. Today, she made sure that he had his sunscreen (it was actually eye make-up remover) on before they went grocery shopping.

Brad set up the Jungle Gym last night after he came home from work. It was quite a task, but of course, his engineering mind figured it all out. Ashlyn wasted no time in trying it out.

Brad taught her how to climb up on both sides.

Initially, she would just climb up the slide, slide down, climb up the slide, slide down . . .




When I was about 4, my parents bought a Jungle Gym, and I remember really enjoying it. I'm hoping it will be just as fun for Ashlyn and her younger siblings and all the cousins and friends that come to visit (hint, hint)!

8 comments:

Karie said...

Oh my! We don't want Ernie with a sunburn do we! That is so cute! The jungle gym looks a lot like the one we used to have.

Karon said...

Mom, do you think it is the same size, or does it look smaller? For some reason, I remember the jungle gym being so big, but I was just a kid . . .

Karie said...

Karon, I got out the pictures of when we bought ours in 1987 and it looks the same size, just different colors. You look very big compared to Ashlyn - well, you were 4. So fun!

Heidi said...

Even if Ernie does have a diaper rash, try hard to keep the Desitin away from Ashlyn, we've learned the hard way that Desitin and carpet DO NOT get along!!

Buttle Family said...

Hopefully eye make-up remover comes off easier than Desitin. I have also learned the hard way. Ashlynn will love the jungle gym. Jared had one when he was Ashlynn's age. I wish we still had it.(Big wind storm broke it)

Cami Sullivan said...

lol-that sunscreen on ernie is too cute! I remember the jungle gym at your parents house!!! I loved it!!! Looks like she loves it, too!

Betancourt Family said...

Ashlyn is too funny! and if yours is anything like mine I promise that they just get funnier!

alli may said...

we will take the hint and come visit... even though I am warning you that you don't really want us... which you already know I'm sure, and are just being nice. :) How fun for her... she is still the cutest ever thing!