We sure love Ashlyn. She continues to be a great big sister and is really quite helpful and obedient. We are trying really hard to give her plenty of attention so that she doesn't feel neglected and I think she is adjusting quite well (knock on wood).
This afternoon I decided to take a quick shower while Carter was sleeping in the swing and Ashlyn was eating lunch. As I stepped out of the shower, Ashlyn came into the bathroom and said, "Carter crying. Where firework go?" I responded, "it's in the crib," and she promptly ran to get the pacifier. She had it in her hand, but then got distracted by some diapers and didn't make it back to the swing to console her crying brother. When I went to get him, I noticed that he had lasagna (Ashlyn's lunch) fingerprints on his clothes and face. Hmmm. . . I wonder why he was crying . . .
Also today, Ashlyn was playing with some wooden dolls. I heard her singing her version of "I love to see the temple" and saying "knock or treat" over and over. So precious!
4 comments:
That is adorable that she loves to help so much! Isn't it fun to watch kids grow up and change?
I just love the stories - makes me feel like I'm experiencing my grandchildren from 2,000 miles away. I can just picture the entire scene! Thanks for sharing! Love you!
She calls the pacifer, "fireworks"? That is soooooooooooo cute! You gotta write that one down!
Too sweet! I promise Karon moments like these will just keep getting better and better. I wish we there!
Post a Comment