Monday, January 26, 2009

An Eventful Week

This past week has been just great!

First of all, Carter wore jeans for the first time. Impressive, I know.

This is the story of Carter's life . . . a lot of physical love from his older sister.

What a strong boy! He actually rolled over for the first time last Monday. He hasn't done it since, so maybe it was just a mistake, but it sure was exciting!

Tuesday we went to the Draper Temple Open House. Ashlyn was sucking on bread when we took these pictures, so her faces are really funny looking. Many of you may not know this, but Ashlyn sucks on her food all the time! I like this picture of her in her Sunday coat. 

Here I am with the kiddos before the open house. 

Here are my favorite three people in the world!
The temple was beautiful and we really enjoyed the evening together as a family. Ashlyn's favorite part was the bus ride from a local stake center to the temple. She also liked the "sparkly" chandelier in the Celestial room. Carter was a complete champ and didn't cry or fuss at all, so I think he kind of liked it too!

The other day Ashlyn put on this hat and gloves and told me she was going to a football game. She then went to her playroom and found this football. I'm not sure why she equates football with hat and gloves . . .


Earlier this week we painted the playroom. It is now green instead of yellow. There are some other things we'd like to do to it, and when it's done, we'll take a picture. 

Also, Ashlyn told me that Mason and Lorie are in "Maka." What a smart girl! However, she still doesn't quite understand how Michael could be "in Hungary." We're still working on that. 

Saturday we went to Olive Garden for my birthday dinner (a week late) and it was fantastic! We also bought two picture frames for our family picture and Atlanta Temple picture and a webcam. Happy Birthday to me! 

Hope all is well with each of you!

9 comments:

Karie said...

Wow, that was a great update! I'm so happy!

Karie said...

I keep coming back to the post and looking at Carter - you know he's looking at me as he props himself up on the bed - so cute. And then of course Ashlyn is getting ready (with great enthusiasm) to throw the football at me - she wants to play! I want to play too.

Amber Handy said...

I just can't get over how cute Carter is! He sure is a handsome little boy. And Ashlyn is sure a cutie too. You have such a good-looking family :)

Buttle Family said...

Carter is getting so big and cute. I think Heavenly Father makes the second one bigger so they can put up with all the love from their older sibling. Ashlyn reminds me of Jared when he would love Drew.

Anonymous said...

So cool! We have a webcam here too! We should chat sometime! Those pictures were adorable. Carter is the cutest little boy ever!! And Ash looks like so much fun! I'm glad she remembers us in "Maka" and I'm so excited to see how big they both are when we get back! I'm excited for the pictures of the playroom too!

Betancourt Family said...

What a beautiful family! Aren't kids the greatest? And about the tough love...well, it's a good thing that they love each other right? nah, I'm just kidding. It get better. Promise. We are at the point where Sergio Arturo and Sofia are the best of friends and will do anything to make each other laugh. It's just the sweetest thing.
PS I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday.

Jennifer Rae said...

I love the picture of Ashlyn and the football...she reminds me of you Karon!

Carter is a doll too...how do you get any work done!

Kelly said...

Carter is getting so big. Ashlynn is a doll. I hope to see you when I come out there in a couple of weeks.

Tiffany said...

I love the picture of Ashlyn on Carter...that's my life these days. It's a good thing the babies get used to it and don't mind most of the time. :) Your kids are super cute!!