Wednesday, April 18, 2007
The Month of the Car
Cars . . . you can't live without them, but sometimes you wish you could. Sunday, my Corolla started making some funny noises and I recognized them as a sign that it was time to get the oil changed. So, yesterday I took the car to get an oil changed AND it needed a new air filter. Well, I also got a notice in the mail that April was the month to register my car, so this morning I took it to the shop to get an Emission test and then get it registered. The mechanic there informed me that one of my tires was so bald that it could likely blow on me at any moment. So, I promptly stopped off to have my tire changed . . . which ended up being three tires changed. The mechanic there informed me that my tires were wearing down way too fast because three of the car's rims were badly bent! How in the world do rims get badly bent? So, now I am in the process of trying to find the most reasonably priced rims I possibly can. I've already call three salvage yards and no luck yet. What fun. I guess I should just be glad that I have a car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was wondering why your tires were wearing out so fast. I only know why one rim could be bent - the front right tire...remember? Do you recall the young lady you bought the car from - is it possible she bent the rims and no one has noticed it until now? Just a few thoughts. XOXO
Was it the rock? Bro. Moore put the new tires on before I ever drove out to Utah and I am pretty sure that he would have noticed.
Post a Comment